Incorporate these transforming questions into your goal-setting strategy and see what a difference it makes…
Can you believe it’s already almost 2023? It seems like yesterday we were just enjoying our annual 4th of July Barbecue. It is amazing how quickly each year passes. Every December in between getting the house decorated for the holidays, buying gifts, and still seeing over the day-to-day operations of my business, I sit down and lay out my goals and objectives for the next year. This is a ritual I’ve kept for the last 20 years.
Everyone has their vision of what their ideal career, health, or life looks like, but often one factor that blocks our dreams is inefficient goal planning. Aren’t you frustrated that you didn’t accomplish more in 2022?
I understand, I had my ups and downs in 2022 and didn’t accomplish all that I set out to achieve; you’re not alone. You’ve accomplished goals before, you can accomplish more goals in less time in 2023, and I will give you some ideas that will help. I have developed nine questions that, when you answer them, will change the course of your 2023.
As busy Queens, it’s easy to get lackadaisical in our goal-setting. Thank goodness for spell check; otherwise, I would have never been able to spell lackadaisical. I get so locked in and focused on the daily grind that I lose sight of what areas of growth I desire to see transpire in my life, family, and business. I must block out time and force myself to sit down and reflect on the previous twelve months and then start planning the 12 months ahead.
I must admit I am a go-getter; this stems from my desire to truly see people’s lives healed and transformed through the knowledge and skills I have acquired over the last 12 years. Even so, I am still continuously fine-tuning myself to be more efficient and focused so I can help more women heal in the world.
Over time I have realized that I only have 24 hours each day, and I can only see x number of patients each day and write x number of blogs per week. As a result of this gradual revelation and its importance of it, I’ve recently stated that I am at a stage in my career where I want to duplicate my efforts and share the knowledge, skills, and wisdom I have acquired over the last 15 years.
In the next 12 months, a few of my goals is to help one person every day, offer online programs, and coach more 1:1 clients so that I can pass on and share what I have learned and put into practice over the last decade.
We are embarking on a new year. I’m so happy to see 2022 go. How about you?…
… There are always going to be challenges that arise due to something we did or didn’t do. This year I desire to think at a higher level to make better decisions, execute more efficiently, and ultimately expand the reach of my practice and see more women impacted by the programs I have created. I also must continually reflect, evaluate and adjust as I reach established milestones.
It would be easy to get you all excited and say you can do it and give you a handful of useful and beneficial tasks to start implementing. But I have come to enjoy thinking outside of the box, and I am continually adjusting my outside-of-the-box thinking…maybe I will make it one of my goals this year to develop a universal term for this…hmm?
I have written a list of questions for you to study, meditate, and reflect on. I believe if you purposely take the time to ask yourself these nine questions and then integrate them into a goal-setting plan you already have in place, you will be light days (as opposed to light years) ahead of your competition.
So your task in the next nine days is to reflect on these questions I have posted and see how the answers that come to you will transform you, your goals, your pelvic health, and ultimately your well-being.
I have discovered over the years that when asked a question, my response depends on my understanding of the question. So to keep it simple for you, I have asked one question that you help you to clear your path and create a deep understanding of where you are heading. I sincerely hope this exercise becomes a supplement and assists you in your goal and reclaiming your pelvic health and bladder powder.
Now get ready to write; when you do, you will see the results of your efforts transpire in the next days, weeks, and months!!
Thank you for being part of my community and for reading my articles… it means the world to me.
Take the following action steps:
1- Write down the questions in a special notebook that brings you joy when you look at them.
2- Write down the answers that come to you below the question.
3- Don’t try to address all nine questions at once; take them in bite-sized chunks. Answer 1 or 2 a day.
4- Take the information that you collect from answering the questions and implement them into your overall goal-setting strategy.
5- EXTRA CREDIT: Create a vision board that paints a picture of the life, pelvic health, and other goals you want to reach in 2023. Pin it to a wall in your house that you see every day. Use the vision board as a motivational tool to keep you on track and to help you achieve your heart’s desires.
9 Questions That Will Change The Course of Your Year
• If I have a 90-day goal, what would my incremental goals be for 15, 30, and 60 days to achieve the 90-day goal? Success Suggestion: Break things down into smaller steps and tackle things without getting overwhelmed.
• How can I make faster decisions and eliminate distractions during my decision-making process? Success Suggestion: Track your day and see how you are spending your time.
• What is one thing that I can start executing today that will get me one foot closer to my goal? Success Suggestion: Sometimes, it’s the small things that can make the biggest impact.
• If I was completely honest with an accountability partner ( coach or therapist), would they assess I am doing pretty well? Success Suggestion: Keep a gratitude journal and jot down every morning three things you are grateful for and why.
• What is the one area of my life that I avoid addressing, and if I addressed it, what would be the potential outcome? Success Suggestion: Categories to consider are pelvic health, health in general, business, money, love, education, connections, and community
• What is the connection, if any, between my hopes and any known fears I have? Success Suggestion: Here, you must go deep into the things that hold you back from being the most radiant Queen you can be.
• What metrics can I use outside of money to measure the achievement of my goals? Success Suggestion: Be creative here. Sometimes we don’t track our wins and this creates a spiral of not enough.
• What’s the one thing you can change in your morning routine that will set you up for success for the rest of the day? Success Suggestion: mediation, Gratitude list, Morning pages, stretching
• How can you open yourself up more to stay even closer in connection with family and friends that inspire you and support you? Success Suggestion: Call instead of text; Invite them over to your house. Invite yourself to their house; Create a book club or simply ask them to join you for tea.
Food For Thought
- What is the one question I am not asking myself to achieve my goals for this year?
- Is there anything I have overlooked as I reach my goals for 2023?
- When I listen to the conversation taking place in my head when it comes to goal setting and sticking with my resolutions what am I hearing?
- As I listen to the feedback, I say silently to myself and sometimes out loud, what am I saying? Examine every thought.
- You ultimately become what you repeatedly do.
- Establishing a healthy ritual and succeeding takes time, so be patient and forgiving with yourself.
I get fired up when I write about goals and the pursuit of health goals. Especially self-care goals. There is so much to learn and achieve. When I learn something new, it inspires me to act and gives me the motivation to be more intentional with my thinking and the actions I take to care for myself and my family.
I hope the questions I asked you to study will be helpful and transformative for you. I look forward to getting your feedback on how these questions inspired you to action. Please email me back. I want to know.
Big LOve and Much Success in 2023 and Beyond